cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

New home, no filter.

Hi, I've just moved into a new home but I have no filter for my hub as the engineer at our old house set us up on a "master socket 5C".

How do I get either a new master socket fired to this house or filters?  

I've been through the "contract BT" help, but it just gives me no help and no way to contact directly.

Any help, gratefully received.

D

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: New home, no filter.

Hi @smashmirrorcardboard 

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, if you don’t have a problem with your line BT won’t install this for you.

You can ask for a Home Improvement from BT at a charge of £85. View the info about this here

Otherwise, you can plug a Micro Filter into all the sockets in your house, or you can buy the Master Sockets on eBay if you have the knowledge to install this. 

Thanks

--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: New home, no filter.

have a look at BT Shop "BT ADSL Micro Filter RS" this is This ADSL Microfilter allows you to share broadband and telephone equipment on one socket. To ensure the quality of both the telephony and the ADSL, it is important that every piece of telephony equipment must be filtered including telephones, fax machines and even simple tone callers. This doesn't mean that every piece of equipment has to have a filter, only that every telephone socket that has telephony equipment attached to it should have a micro filter fitted first. I think they are £6.50 plus delivery.
0 Ratings