cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robjduk
Message 1 of 4

New home woes. Is there anything I can do?

Hello,

I have the same problem as a few others I have found on this forum where I moved into a new home with fibre and openreach equiptment installed however no one seems to be able to make the light go solid. Contacted BT and got a text saying it should be ready on the 24th of Oct but nothing since then. I have contacted them again but not heard anything back in a week and really just want it resolved. 

Contacting BT sales just dosnt seem to do anything. Is there anything practical I can do to make this work at all? The problem I have is I am no ones customer so no one seems to care very much. Would be willing to pay for someone to just make this work.

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New home woes. Is there anything I can do?

are you talking about FTTP?  if so you need to select an ISP with FTTP package and then they will get openreach to conenct you  you cannot deal direct with openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TomKeen
Message 3 of 4

Having the same issue. Moved in a few weeks ago and the Modem is all there sittin' pretty. Have been in touch with numerous teams but unfortunately it's just waiting until Openreach connect it. Won't even find my address at the moment, but it sees the other side of the road (who haven't moved in yet).

0 Ratings
robjduk
Message 4 of 4

contacted BT a few times now and each time i get VOL numbers registered and promises of calls to update me yet nothing 😞 I'm trying on twitter and seem to be talking to people in the know.

0 Ratings