cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: New hub has altered 'my location' on PC & laptops.

Go to solution

@Radiant wrote:

The location issue has been resolved by using the old hub for now. But the 2 Roberts Radios (different models) won't connect even using ethernet. The radios show themselves as being connected to wifi or ethernet, but hang on 'connecting' when a station is selected. I've tried to retune the stations,  but after a few seconds I get a 'network timeout' error message, and clicking 'retry' gets the same error. I've tried connecting manually and with wps.

It's unlikely to be a problem with the hub, or speeds.
My old Roberts Stream 83i was originally operating on adsl speeds of around 8 mbps. (now 60mbps  VDSL.)

It took several attempts to reconnect to the newest Smarthub2, after abandoning the wps settings, and entering the wireless security key. The main difficulty is selecting individual text characters -uppercase, lower case, letters, numbers - from  a rotating dial and a screen display.

0 Ratings
Radiant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks everyone! Who knew that a hub could 'think' it was at a location hundreds of miles away?!

I spent ages trying to get the radios to work, using wps and manual, but they just wouldn't work. This morning I came into the kitchen and turned the radio on as usual, and ............ it was working perfectly! Yesterday they showed themselves as connected (ethernet & wifi), but wouldn't connect to any stations or complete a station search. Another one of life's mysteries to which I suppose we'll never get an answer!

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution
Installing a new hub always shows my location near a canal. More fiber in a canal toe path than up my street.

In past 12 months had 4B,4A,new 4B and a 6A.

I'd be more worried about about google knowing where you are 24/7 unless your life/welfare/income depends on it or, if your a paramedic ,my life depended on it.

Good problem to have IMO.
0 Ratings