cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New router, smart devices not connecting

Hi, wonder if anyone can fathom this for me... so recently after an engineer visit, replacement halo discs, it became apparent that my router had developed a fault, so a new one was dispatched and set up... the one sent is the latest smart hub 2

I use a lot of smart devices, blink, hue, meross, iPhones, alexas, iPad etc...

I also use Lifx bulbs and have a BG smart socket, the latter two products won’t connect to the new router or the halos, they both use the 2.4ghz channel to work,  I’ve tried everything I can think of to sort but to no avail. 

one issue I seem to have is when I turn the 5ghz channel off (as these devices don’t connect to the 5ghz and they don’t seem to be able to find the 2.4 ghz channel) I then cannot connect to the hub/discs at all, and I have to reset the hub to factory settings. My iPad/iPhone both say password incorrect, I’m baffled tbh

any help would be greatly appreciated 

cheer Mike 

Am I doing something wrong 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New router, smart devices not connecting

Hi Mike,

Does the router have option NOT to split the bands.

All I did when got new router was simply login to router, change SSID to what it was on old router and everything auto connected immediately.  All 2.4 and 5, every device in house instantly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Turn off Smart Setup( What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

Tell your devices to forget any networks they've learned that don't work and temporarily disable the 5GHz on the router then try again, then re-enable the 5GHz 

Edit: ...and ensure that the hub is operating in wireless mode 1 (Advanced Settings, Wireless)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately still not connecting

Cheers

Mike
0 Ratings