cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New router

I have been having continuing problems connecting my new HP printer. An IT technician has said I have a router problem. I have tried setting up the printer but it does not find my router. Is there a simple way to get a new router from BT without going through all the marketing stuff? Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New router

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The SH2 has all kinds of weird anomalies, for example I have a device on my network that I keep losing contact with using the local IP address (192.168.1.xxx) but at the same time I can contact it using a DDNS provider, I just restart the hub when this happens and everything's good again - until the next time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Are you using a BT Hub and if so which one or are you using your own router?

What makes the "IT technician"  think it is a router problem and not something to do with your printer?

Assuming you are using a BT Hub do all your other wireless devices work with it?

It may be that your printer does not "like" the dual band wireless of the BT Hub.

You should try going into the BT Hubs settings and turning off the 5Ghz wireless signal. Once you have done that reset your printer then re-scan for your BT Hubs wireless signal. If it now finds the hub, connect to it.

Once the printer has connected go back into the hubs settings and turn the 5Ghz wireless signal back on.

0 Ratings