cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lambouk
Contributor
Message 31 of 44

Re: New smart hub 2 problems???

No mate. I was never told.  They done some stuff remotely.   If you’re not tied down to BT. Leave for virgin, sky or EE. 

ECull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 44

Hello @Cocksy  I am having the same problem and it is stopping me from updating windows 10, it is very frustrating. If you do find a solution, please let me know and I will do the same for you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Cocksy
Contributor
Message 33 of 44

@ECull i think it just sorted itself out in the end - I don't have the problem any more. Sorry I  can't be more help!

0 Ratings
ECull
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 44

@Cocksy Hopefully mine will do the same, thank you regardless
0 Ratings
scottrc
Contributor
Message 35 of 44

I also had this problem earlier, I fixed it in Windows 10 by going to Settings  - Network & Internet, then click on Proxy and turn off "Automatically detect settings"

0 Ratings
Lambouk
Contributor
Message 36 of 44

Mine definitely wasn’t just turn off proxy server check.  I don’t think you had the same issue. 

0 Ratings
scottrc
Contributor
Message 37 of 44

What does the network troubleshooter say, now that you have it turned it off? Maybe there was another step. But I did go through the same troubleshooter as the pic you added, turned that setting off.

Edit: Oh wow ignore me. Just realized how old this thread is.

0 Ratings
Justa
Beginner
Message 38 of 44

I see this issue has been going on for some time and so I thought I would post this to let people know. I've just joined BT for Broadband and as soon as I connected to my company system I got a company pop-up message informing me that there is a known issue with the router I'm using (BT SmartHub 2) and Windows 10. Whilst my company has a workaround it is not perfect and causes performance issues. My company advised me to purchase a new router? 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 44

Pray tell what your company consider the issue to be and their workaround.

0 Ratings
Justa
Beginner
Message 40 of 44

I know this is points to proxy server issues but I just thought it may also cause issues elsewhere?

Apparently the issue relates to DHCP. Some models of consumer routers do not respond correctly when Windows 10 sends Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol requests. The request ask for common items such as IP Address to use, DNS server to use etc.. Windows 10 also asks for Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) information as well. Routers that are not configured to send WPAD information are supposed to ignore requests and not return any information for WPAD. However, some routers return a line feed character for the WPAD information instead of ignoring it. This causes Explorer to be unable to find proxy servers when you make a VPN connection.

My post was merely an FYI in case it may be connected, so please don’t take it as being the defacto issue?

0 Ratings