Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New to BT, having a number of issues

Hi all,

Recently left Virgin Media after their abysmal customer service and have joined BT as they are the only ones who can currently offer FTTP. I am paying more than I usually would but that was to escape the awful customer service I had started to experience in the last year with my previous provider. 

I understand with the Covid-19 situation customer service maybe lacking for many companies, however I am now having issues with my Broadband and I don't know where to turn to.

I have the BT Ultrafast 1 (150mbps) package which is going well when it works but randomly throughout the day the Wifi signal becomes somewhat awful to the point some devices cannot connect to it and it will end up dropping out. I have the SuperHub 2 which I am suspecting is causing problems.

I have also noticed my account and broadband are not linked when trying to run the troubleshooter.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: New to BT, having a number of issues

Things will probably get lots verse with BT service.

dont accept all they promise as genuine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: New to BT, having a number of issues

so it is the wifi not that actual internet that is the problem

try turning of smart setup in advanced settings

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

I would also turn off auto channel selection and select your wifi channels manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings