cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markhodson68
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New to HH5

Please excuse my post if this has benn covered numerours times before, I have tried searching but can't seem to to find the answer. I have been having trouble with my HH3 on Infinity losing the connection and requiring a reboot about once a day, I have tried changing channels and it still occurs. So I decided to try a HH5, got a working one off Ebay and it arrived this morning, I have plugged it in and connected it up as per the instructions but whilst the blue light is solid I can't see it on any device. Am i right in thinking now I have a HH5 I no longer need the white open reach modem, I simply connect the power, and the rj11 between the top port in the master socket and the dsl socket on the HH5. I have tried setting it up this way and by just connecting the new HH5 like I had the HH3 and neither way works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New to HH5

I would do a factory reset of the hub using the recessed button on back and hold for 20/30 secs until lights flash

then connect as you say - rj11 into top socket and then to dsl on hub - plug and play

I would turn off smat setup http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

and probably split the 2 networks  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Yes, just connect directly via rj11 lead.  If light is blue, it would appear to be working ok. Have you tried to access it at 192.168.1.254 It might have been set up previously with a different address so if 192.168.1.254 doesn't work, press the recessed pin in the rear of the hub for 20-30 seconds until lights flash to factory reset it.

Snap IMJ

markhodson68
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks both, will give that a try, didnt think of the reset

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

I assume you have connected using the wifi password on the hub 3? have you tried connecting with a ethernet cable from your pc/laptop to the Hub?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It's s shame that you invested in a HH5, which I've found to be a wretched device, no better than any other HH for stability and functionality. What's the point of whisper silent best WiFi ever if the thing drops the circuit regularly?

If you still have the dosh, put the white modem back on having bought your own decent router. Then assuming your circuit back to the FTTC being in good shape, your troubles will end, your router functionality will be unleashed.

Keep us posted on how you get on whichever route you choose.
Seph

My advice is at your risk.
0 Ratings