cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich060286
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Nighthawk with Fibre to the Home. HELP!!!

Go to solution
Hi,
First time poster. Please help.
I really have tried searching for so long before posting so apologies in advance.
I’ve moved into a new build with FTTH and BT sent me wrong router, it doesn’t have the red WAN connector at end of Ethernet connections. Rather than wait a week I bought a d7000v2 but I cannot set it up. The genie says there is no DSL/internet connection plugged in however BT said I don’t need DSL with fibre to Home only need an Ethernet from port 1 on modem on the wall to the wan plug on the router. I am assuming the problems are now with settings of the new router. I have tried adding bthomehub@btbroadband.com and changing some settings but nothing working. Can someone give me a definitive setup I can follow. Pulling my hair out. Thanks
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk with Fibre to the Home. HELP!!!

Go to solution
The D7000 is a vdsl modem/ router, not sure if any of the LAN ports can be configured as a WAN port. The R 7000 is a pure router with a WAN port.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Nighthawk with Fibre to the Home. HELP!!!

Go to solution

It would appear you can configure the D7000 with a WAN port see https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000_UM_01July2015.pdf  from page 79.

Also see page 211 to set WAN connection preference manually.

If you need to enter a VLAN ID manually, it is 101