Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

No DSl/internet lights

Hi People,

So a few weeks ago I replaced my HH5 with an ASUS DSL AC68U router. After some teething issues I got it up and running (after replacing the out dated fw) and it has been flawless..

Until this morning.

Ive lost all internet both wireless and wired over all of my devices, wireless connections are still showing as connected (with internet) but its just timing out.

My AC68U has lost both the DSL light and the internet light, everything appears to be connected correctly and I haven’t messed with any settings since I had it up and running.

When I log on to the routers settings im seeing a status of disconnected you appear to have a dsl cable unplugged but I don’t.

So far all ive done to troubleshoot is restart the router. Im not in a rush to go through the set up again but will if needed.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: No DSl/internet lights

does your phone work - dial tone?  if so try 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Hi People,

So a few weeks ago I replaced my HH5 with an ASUS DSL AC68U router. After some teething issues I got it up and running (after replacing the out dated fw) and it has been flawless..

Until this morning.

Ive lost all internet both wireless and wired over all of my devices, wireless connections are still showing as connected (with internet) but its just timing out.

My AC68U has lost both the DSL light and the internet light, everything appears to be connected correctly and I haven’t messed with any settings since I had it up and running.

When I log on to the routers settings im seeing a status of disconnected you appear to have a dsl cable unplugged but I don’t.

So far all ive done to troubleshoot is restart the router. Im not in a rush to go through the set up again but will if needed.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 26

Thanks for the reply, i havent had a landline plugged in for years!

I just have the dsl cable from the master socket heading directly in to the router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

Then you need to get a cheap phone and check for dial tone to see if the line is ok.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Your phone line has probably become disconnected somewhere. You need to check it with a phone to avoid a possible charge if the fault is not external.

0 Ratings
Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

I unsuccessfully called BT on my lunch to see if they could see any issues, would they not of been able to tell if there was as issue with my phone line?

When i finish work later ill try dig out the old landline and see how i get on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Not necessarily.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

Also check the number is correct, just in case you have a crossed line, which can happen if Openreach have been working in the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Hi @Jackirate 

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry that you have had connection problems with your broadband.  Please post back when you have had a chance to check the line and the guys will be able to explain the best way forward to getting this sorted out.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings