Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: No DSl/internet lights

@Jackirate 

Indeed I do like Asus kit , especially the AC68U. Mine has been rock solid over the past 3-4 years as has my son's.

Personally I'd do a couple of things:-

1. I'd ensure that UPBO is enabled, by default I think it's Auto. So That'll be Administration -> DSL Setting and the UPBO set to Enabled.

Whilst it is possible that OpenReach blacklisted this Asus because of UPBO being Off , as can happen with the Auto setting, it is unlikely though.

However, just to be sure I'd do :-

2. Clone the HomeHub's MAC address. So that'll be WAN -> edit PVC and at the bottom there's the "Special Requirement from ISP" , in here enter the HH's MAC Address. It's there just for purposes like this.

Then I'd try again.

It that failed to make a connection I'd indeed try at a friend's house and if still no success , and you're certain that the connection settings are correct ,  I think the Asus has to be classed as failed and a replacement required. Hopefully you bought it new.

Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 26

Thanks for the detailed reply @TimCurtis im at work until later this evening but will try all of the suggested when I can and report back. 

if you have a copy of your general settings (DSL and wan) saved I would really appreciate it if I could take a look at some point?  At the moment I can’t rule out there is a rouge setting I have “tinkered” with that is causing my issue. 

The router was indeed bought new, unfortunately I am not one for clutter and after I had the router up and running for sometime I’ve aimed the receipt. Lesson learnt there should the unit be faulty. 

Again thanks to you and everyone for the replies and help. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 26

@Jackirate 

Settings as requested. Should be readable I think.

DSL Settings.pngWAN Settings.png

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 26

@Jackirate 

I always register with Asus as they provide the 3 year warranty.

However, with no receipt your credit card statement, mostly available online if you've been too tidy, should be adequate with the vendor.

0 Ratings
Jackirate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 26

@TimCurtis  I’m just going through my settings now, you mentioned about cloning my homehub MAC address.

where would I find that? By logging in to the homehub itself and entering it manually in that field? 

Also under your settings you set the “connect to end server automatically” to no and have a few ip ranges entered. 

Is that specific to your set up and therefor should keep mine to auto? 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 26

@Jackirate 

That actually is DNS server. I prefer not to use BT's DNS servers for various reasons so choose OpenDNS instead and sometimes I'll switch to Google's.

As for the MAC address , that's probably on the back of the Hub somewhere. On the HH6 it's underneath detachable password tab. You'll manually enter it as xx:xx: etc and then hit the MAC Clone button. Never used it myself though.

0 Ratings