cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

No Internet connection

Over the past 4 days or so I have been experienced no connection whatsoever through my Smart Hub 6. This is for both wired and wireless connections.

I find myself restarting and factory resetting my Smart Hub and after a few minutes it'll work for 1-2 minutes, then the connection will drop completely again. My devices are all connected with full signal strength and the light is blue on the smart hub but for some reason no connection. 

I spent over 2 hours in the past day to BT customer service and as always, useless as ever. 

Has anybody else had this problem before and how did they fix this? 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: No Internet connection

check your phone line to see if a dial tone  best checked at test socket with filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 16

I don't actually have a house phone... Is there another option? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

not really  that is first and most basic check when broadband has no connection - see if you have a dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

@Karson3270 wrote:

I don't actually have a house phone... Is there another option? 

No, there is not.

You can get a basic wired phone for less that £7 from Argos and other shops. Its an essential aid to diagnosing a fault.

As the problem has recently started, then its most likely an issue with your phone line, possibly a bad connection somewhere.

Plugging a phone in will prove it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Quick update:

My surface pro seems to connect to the WiFi without a problem now. However I have a macbook in the house using the same WiFi which cannot connect along with other mobile devices and also my ps4 is plugged in using an Ethernet cable and still doesn't work.

I don't think there's a fault with the line in this case... Any suggestions what this could be? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Post stats from hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ80232382

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E01E

Firmware updated:

23-Aug-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 3 Hours 51 Minutes 36 Seconds

Data rate:

10.77 Mbps / 27.40 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

10865 / 42083

Noise margin:

6.1 dB / 9.4 dB

Line attenuation:

21.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

0 dB / 21.2 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

54 MB Uploaded / 1328 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-M5CK

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 1

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-M5CK

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 36

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

3C:17:10:97:DD:2D

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

From your stats you really need to check you phone line as previously suggested

your connection time is very short at 3 hrs, your noise margin is high at 9.4db normal about 6db and your connection speed is 27mb which is well below attainable of 42mb.  All suggesting problems with you connection

0 Ratings