cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaz4bes
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

No Wi-fi

We don’t seem to have any Wi-fi signal at home are there any problems in the IV36 2 area or work being done at all? All the switch off the box etc tests have been done.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Wi-fi

Welcome to this user forum. @Shaz4bes 

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

What colour are the lights on the front of the home hub?

The lack of a wireless signal being transmitted from the home hub, normallly indicates a faulty home hub.

0 Ratings
Shaz4bes
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi there not sure what you mean here? At the moment it’s orange as there is no signal but when working its blue. Was working fine last night.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@Shaz4bes wrote:
Hi there not sure what you mean here? At the moment it’s orange as there is no signal but when working its blue. Was working fine last night.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Shaz4bes
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I’m just texting asking my partner to do this for you as I’m at work and he’s at home I will reply once he’s done it. His mobile signal isn’t good at the house so just waiting for the screenshot to send through. Thank you.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@Shaz4bes wrote:
We don’t seem to have any Wi-fi signal at home are there any problems in the IV36 2 area or work being done at all? All the switch off the box etc tests have been done.

Lack of wifi will not be due to any general problems. Do you actually mean no wifi or no internet?

0 Ratings
Shaz4bes
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Actually looks like we have no phone either? Are there any problems with weather or works happening in my area?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

check here  https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@Shaz4bes wrote:
Actually looks like we have no phone either? Are there any problems with weather or works happening in my area?

Most likely you have a disconnection on your phone line.

If you do not get dial tone, then you need to report it as no dial tone. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Its advisable first, to check that nothing has become disconnected at home.

Shaz4bes
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for your advice but as stated he did all that checks. I wondered if you knew if there were any problems in my area hence the question and my postcode I’ll just phone instead. But I’ll bare in mind what you’ve mentioned below for now and for future if there is ever a problem with the broadband.

Thank you very much.
0 Ratings