cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: No broadband but getting dial tone

No. If you connect the extension to the data terminals rather than terminals 2&5, you will have the unfiltered signal  containing both phone and broadband at the extension. You will then need to plug in a filter to split the broadband and phone.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Thanks.

Neither of 2 Openreach engineers seemed to know that. Essentially, they should have connected my extension to the data connection.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

connecting extension sockets it up to the homeowner not openreach unless you are paying extra for the install

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

But they reconnected the extension because it was their decision to replace the master socket. They accepted responsibility because the extension was already connected.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

@ossian 

Why did they replace the master socket, had you raised a fault report?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Complaint about speed, especially upload - below 0.8. So they came out checked everything, reset my profile and changed the socket. It's slightly better but not much. Engineer this morning surprised I get anything at all due to distance from cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Reconnecting the extension is likely to make matters worse.

0 Ratings