Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

No broadband connection BT fail to connect me

Go to solution

New cutomer to BT, supposed to go live on the 8/5/18, have a land line but NO broadband. BT say is't a software issue wetween them and wholesale.  Anyone else having this propblem this month.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: No broadband connection BT fail to connect me

Go to solution

so phone line works ok with correct number?  are you changing to BT from another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

I switch providers and opted for a deal from BT, phone line and broadband, they switched the land  line and it works, but they have failed to connect the broadband. I have made several calls and complaints, I am told it's a software problem, BT placing the order to WS (Openreach). I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same lame excuse BT are giving me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

are you trying to get infinity or copper/adsl?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

I had fibre broadband before switching, with Plusnet. I live of a new estate, less than 5 years old, all the houses have the latest connections. This is a BT and Openreach problem.... they are not communicating together, one party keeps blaming the other.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

did you try the link?  if so did it show that FTTC was available and not waiting list?

it is possible when you move ISP if your cabinet was full with waiting list then moving even if you had a fibre connection that would not transfer with you  your connection would go to next person on waiting list and you would join waiting list    so important to check the link I posted to make sure no waiting list

If it is ok then we can see if mods will help to at least find out the delay and then help

wrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Yes I did try the link and yes it is available..... 

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)44.331.88.55.727.4AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)3519.97.94.215AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--4 to 8Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 14 to 8Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 5--3.5 to 7.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date16-05-2018   
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

I have asked mods to see if they can help   they will post here

wrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @wrel

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the delay connecting your broadband since requesting to move your services over to us.  I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us about this.

We can pick this up and check what's causing the hold up and help get you connected.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings