cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 39

No broadband connection

For 6 months now we have had continual issues with dropping connection, it will go off at least 10 times a week varying in length of time anything from 30mins to 3days! We have had new equipment, engineer vists a new line put into the house etc etc.. still we are having issues. To date I have only been given £10 off my bill. I have asked for 4g assure to be told I cannot get this service, I have carried out a postcode check and I can get this service in my area. We are currently without service again, can anyone advise where I go from here?
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: No broadband connection

Welcome to this user forum.

4G Assure is a BT business product for BT Business users only. I assume you are just a residential user?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Which BT Home hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 39

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am just a residential user and I appreciate the 4g is just for business users however I do not think there is any technical reason we could not have 4g, correct me if I'm wrong?
I have carried out the quiet line test and there is no noise on the line.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 39

Sorry...I am using the homehub 4
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 39

You could opt for BT Plus, which offers a mini 4G hub if your broadband develops a fault.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/plus/

You could of course buy a 4G hub yourself, or use a router which will accept a 4G USB dongle for backup, like the TP link W9970

As there seems to be an ongoing issue with your connection.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 39

@Benkatie wrote:
Sorry...I am using the homehub 4

Are you only on a normal ADSL connection then?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 39

Yes a normal ADSL
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 39

@Benkatie wrote:
Yes a normal ADSL

Are you on a long line, with a slow connection speed, perhaps with a lot of overhead cable on the route, as its unusual to have problems with ADSL, if you are close to the exchange?

What sort of connection speed do you normally get, when it is working?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 39

Unfortunately due to location it is my understanding we cannot upgrade to BT plus.
I will look into purchasing a 4g hub independently. However this doesn't solve the issue that I am paying for a service I am not receiving.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

@Benkatie wrote:
Unfortunately due to location it is my understanding we cannot upgrade to BT plus.
I will look into purchasing a 4g hub independently. However this doesn't solve the issue that I am paying for a service I am not receiving.

It would be best if you wait for a reply from a moderator, as I have made a request.

0 Ratings