cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jollyboy
Message 1 of 4

No broadband on my phone line

Have been with BT broadband for some years now. Lost internet connection on Wednesday night, and contacted BT who say there is no broadband account for my line. The account was started by my son who now lives elsewere but still pays the bill. Unfortunately he has just gone on holiday abroad and I can't get a look at any paperwork for account details etc.

Is it possible for a broadband account to be hacked to another phone number?

Got a dodgy looking email from BT online services on 30/7 stating that email limited reached, with a link to click on to validate account. Ignored it as thought it might be spam as was not addressed to a person. Should I have acted upon it?

Good job I can still access internet using a friends PC

Will conact BT again when son returns and I have more info, but am unimpressed with their service

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: No broadband on my phone line

@jollyboy wrote:

Have been with BT broadband for some years now. Lost internet connection on Wednesday night, and contacted BT who say there is no broadband account for my line. The account was started by my son who now lives elsewere but still pays the bill. Unfortunately he has just gone on holiday abroad and I can't get a look at any paperwork for account details etc.

Is it possible for a broadband account to be hacked to another phone number?

Got a dodgy looking email from BT online services on 30/7 stating that email limited reached, with a link to click on to validate account. Ignored it as thought it might be spam as was not addressed to a person. Should I have acted upon it?

Good job I can still access internet using a friends PC

Will conact BT again when son returns and I have more info, but am unimpressed with their service

It's very unlikely that your broadband has been hacked in the way you mention.  But BT can make all sorts of mistakes.  It really helps if you can find the customer number for the account.

You were right in not replying to the mail.  It is a scam to steal your personal details.

0 Ratings
jollyboy
Message 3 of 4

My internet connection was restored on Friday evening, so maybe BT do believe the line has a broadband account with them.

However it went down again early Monday morning, but at the time of posting 1445 Monday has come back again.

What is going on? 

I aam thinking of switching to another provider, but don't want to lose my BT.Yahoo email address

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

it may have been a fault that interrupted your connection did you check the broadband status page or status phone line 08001690199
0 Ratings