cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No connection after upgrade

I have recently upgraded my tariff and had the email that it would be up and running yesterday. Went offline at 11am and still not back on....just an orange flashing light. Am I just waiting for it to start? Has been more than 24 hours but thinking it must be related to the change of contract? The email says it is all up and running? Do I need to do anything or does it just start up when it's ready?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No connection after upgrade

Were you upgrading from adsl to fibre?  If so did you get a new hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

No new hub. Pretty sure I was fibre before....sorry I'm rubbish at technology!

Tried to do the online chat but no one available as they are obviously really busy with everything going on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Nicky86 welcome to the forum and sorry that your broadband is not working. The Technical Live Chat team are available and if it is busy they message will let you know and you can try later.

If you check and let us know What BT Hub you have and if you have the hub 3 or hub 4 do you have an Openreach modem (it's a white box with green lights) near your hub?

You would have been sent an email when the order was closed so please check it and it will let you know if you were changing over to Fibre.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

@JohnC2 

I have the home hub 4, type.

I received the email and it said it it was all done and should be up and running. 

The online chat hasnt been working today as I imagine they are very busy and was on hold for over an hour to chat to someone.

I have a little adsl box near the line socket but not green lights?

Thank you for getting back to me

Nicky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Nicky86 does the box look like the one below?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings