cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

No ethernet ports work on Halo1

I can use WiFi absolutely fine, but all of the devices (a NAS box) that connect to the router via ethernet have stopped working. There was nothing that happened prior, they just suddenly stopped working. I thought it might be the NAS box that was faulty, but during my testing, I connected my laptop to the ethernet port and that didnt work either. 

The Halo1 has 4 ethernet ports on the back and none of them are working. If I turn Wifi off on my laptop, with the ethernet cable connected, I'd expect wired internet but it says no connection available.

I've tried disabling and enabling ethernet, and tried uninstalling the network device from device manager and restarting the laptop which reinstalled it, but that made no difference.

I've exhausted all avenues which makes me think the physical ports are somehow not working - and somehow, it's all of them at once! I tested connecting the NAS box I have to my laptop direct and it worked, so it shows my laptop and NAS ethernet ports are fine. The odd one out is the Halo1 router.

I can't seem to find any way to register this fault online - if I choose broadband as my fault, it runs a troubleshooter and says my connection is fine and doesn't let me proceed further - so I'll have to phone BT soon. 

But has anyone experienced this before, and what possible causes could there be to all 4 ports suddenly not working at all? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: No ethernet ports work on Halo1

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Is this the same as doing a factory reset through the admin panel, as I did that to no luck.

Or is the physical factory reset button different? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@damianjmcgrath wrote:

Is this the same as doing a factory reset through the admin panel, as I did that to no luck.

Or is the physical factory reset button different? 

I would expect that the physical reset button would re-initialise the internal circuity, as it has a direct affect on the hardware inside, so its likely to be a better option that the software reset.

0 Ratings