cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeboiiii1
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

No internet acess on desktop pc

Hello i cannot get any form of internet connection on my pc, i have a powerline setup going to my pc but i seem to be connected to the wifi but i get no internet acess. Windows diagnostics says "The default gateway is not available" Any help? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: No internet acess on desktop pc

Power reset the hub and power lines if you still have a problem please confirm the following.
Type of power lines
Led status showing on power lines
Are you connecting via Ethernet or WiFi
If you connect directly to the hub have you access to the internet.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

powerline adapters are known to cause problems so can you connect to pc without powerline adapter and see if you get connection to internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Yeboiiii1
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Hello thanks for the response, i have tried power resetting powerlines and hub to no avail. Power lines are Tp-link AV600, all three lights are on confirming they are connected but no access on desktop. Im not able to directly connect to the hub as it is downstairs and dont have a long enough cable to reach.

0 Ratings
Yeboiiii1
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Every other device in the house is on wireless and is having no problems currently. Cant wirelessly connect to wifi on my pc as it does not have a wireless card.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 18

Ah, if all the other devices are functioning OK, would you by chance be "protected" by the McAfee security suite?

This is just an idea, mind you.

0 Ratings
Yeboiiii1
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

No i dont think it is as i do not have McAfee installed on my desktop and have never installed it. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

In case it is an option you have not considered you can get wireless adaptor dongles for your PC. They cost under £20 and are basically plug and play or if you are not a technophobe and are happy to open up your PC you could try installing a wireless network card to your PC. They also cost about under £20.

0 Ratings
Yeboiiii1
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

I have tried wireless cards before and i get horrible reception in my room and ive found with wireless games are unplayable as i get  under 10mbps with it even with powerline i only get 20 or so and its just usable  but downstairs with wireless id get 50+ so wireless isnt realy an option currently aswell as not being able to receive deliverys.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Do you have another Ethernet device such as a laptop that you can connect to the powerline adaptors to ensure that they are actually working correctly?

0 Ratings