cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddash
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

No internet for 9 week and counting

Hoping someone might be able to help resolve an issue, maybe if they have experienced the same problem.

As the heading suggests, it'll be 10 weeks with no internet access next week at BT have not been particularly helpful resolving the problem.

Had an openreach engineer at our property 3 days ago and internet finally got switched on. Worked for 2 hours then dropped out, not to be seen again. Symtomns are as follows;

• BT Home Hub 5 is broadcasting SSID ok. Blue light on hub. Cycles then green, then orange maybe every 10 mins.
  • Any IOS devices trying to connect to SSID gets "incorrect password" error. 
  • Hub has been hard reset using a pin in the back. Password is default hub password and being entered correctly.
  • Plugging ethernet cable into laptop seems to connect fine, can access BT hub manager but very, very, very slow loading. Maybe have a 2 minute window from restarting router to access the hub manager before it then will time out and not let you in.
  • No web page will load
  • Can run a command prompt and ping 192.168.1.254 which returns fine. Cannot ping any websites.

Any suggestions? I'm getting desperate now.

BT want to send another (fault) engineer but i cant afford to take any more time off work to accomodate this. I've had to take 3 days off for BT already in the past 4 weeks.

BT Technical support have suggested my wall socket is old / incompatible. But did try to explain that if that was the case it wouldnt have worked at all, ever, but I had internet access for 3 hours, 3 days ago. But they dont seem to want to logically troubleshoot the issue.

Any ideas.... anybody?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: No internet for 9 week and counting

does your phone work? dial tone?

have you tried another router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ddash
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I don't have a landline telephone to actually test the line. 

I also don't have another router to test either!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

a landline phone is an essential piece of kit especially to check why broadband is not working - no dialtone then you normally will not get a broadband connection or if lucky if one wire still connected then broadband will work but slowly.  a £5 investment in a cheap corded phone can save you a callout fee of £129.99

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings