cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nige78
Message 1 of 3

No internet on Windows 8 PC but ping works. All other connected devices work perfectly.

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a BT Hub 5 with 4 devices connected, a Windows 7 PC, a Windows 8 PC and two mobiles. They all connect correctly and all work correctly excpet the Windows 8 PC has no internet connection.

I can ping any website on it, but using a browser just times out.  I've tried Firefox and IE with the same results.

It's obviously a settings problem but I just can't figure out what it is.  I've tried having the Windows 8 PC connect without any other devices but that doesn't make any difference.

Any help greatly appreciated 😄

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: No internet on Windows 8 PC but ping works. All other connected devices work perfectly.

Go to solution

Check your firewall settings or it could be that your computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

0 Ratings
Nige78
Message 3 of 3

Re: No internet on Windows 8 PC but ping works. All other connected devices work perfectly.

Go to solution
That's worked - thank you very much!
😄
0 Ratings