Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ib511001
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

No valid IP configuration Ethernet

HI all

Can anyone help?

We have been having problems with hard wire network connections to the hub through power line adapters. The TV box goes into dial up modem mode and the computers on the network will not connect via the Ethernet. 

The fault on the computers reads No valid IP configuration.

Everything works on the wifi. Have change the hub on the suggestion of BT but the problem remains. Have also switched out the power line adapters in case they are the fault. 

Any advice is much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: No valid IP configuration Ethernet

Hi @ib511001 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're having problems. Can you just confirm what make and model adaptors you're using? Also, does you home have more than one wiring loop / fuse box?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ib511001
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi David 

Thank you for your note. I am away for a couple of days but will check when I get home. 

0 Ratings
ib511001
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Is it possible to send you a picture. We have three fuse boxes but as you can probably tell this is not my strong subject! The power line adapter is a BT Mini Connector v2.

Thank you for your help and advice.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If the 2 mini connectors are plugged into mains sockets that are fed from different fuse boxes, it is likely that they will not work. To verify the mini connectors themselves are working, you could plug the 'slave' connector into a socket in the same room as the connector that is connected to the hub temporarily and see if they work ok like that.

A picture is unlikely to help but you can post a picture on the forum using the camera icon in the toolbar.

0 Ratings