cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Not able to check signal

Advice please.  All has been working fine on the new halo broadband until about a week ago.  Broadband went off in our area and took 5 hours to rectify.  Since then it seems my home coverage has been affected although I'm not entirely sure how a broadband outage could affect my internal WiFi.  Areas of my home that normally got good coverage from my WiFi either from disc or hub have now become patchy with signal dropping out regularly.  WiFi still usually shows as strong on my phone or tablet but games or applications suddenly tell my I'm no longer connected.  I check and sometimes it still shows as good others it does appear that WiFi has dropped and I find it reconnecting.

Never had this at all and have had halo for months now.  It is becoming a pain.  I tried to check my signal using mybt app signal checker and it appears to work and tells me it's collecting the data/results but it just hangs and never produces any, even if left for 20 minutes.  Maybe this is linked to the problem.  Has anyone any suggestions before I try to contact bt bt phone? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not able to check signal

It could be local issues, i.e. you live in a block of flats and any number of routers around you are contending for the same channel. My favourite would be to factory reset your router and make sure Smart Setup is turned off when it restarts 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi, nothing has changed with my location or neighbours etc.  I have done the factory reset on the hub and discs as it was advised after the broadband outage. Hasn't helped at all. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Check if BT have any unresolved problems in your area

https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/secure/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Did you turn off smart setup

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi, there have been no reported issues here since the one that knocked it out.

I switched off the smart facility and used a network analyser to find the best two channels. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings