Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monty007
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Not able to ping from public Network

Hi, 

I have a BT broadband connection and I want to setup vpn connection but issue is that I am not able to ping my public ip from anywhere which make trouble me to setup vpn..

Can any one give me the solution for that?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Not able to ping from public Network

The home hub does not respond to pings.

0 Ratings
monty007
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

SO is there any way to acomplish it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I've never used a VPN, but not sure why there is a requirement to ping your public address in order to set one up. Other people have successfully used VPNs on BT hubs.  If it is an absolute requirement to be able to ping your public IP for your chosen VPN, I suggest looking at the specs of third party routers to see if they respond to pings.

Edit: Your public IP address is dynamic and will change occasionally in any case.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

i use VPN ( 2 different providers) with HH6 and have not had any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
monty007
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Is your VPN is IPSEC or diffrent one. I have BT Home Hub5 wireless router in this Ipsec VPN will work on not?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I use Windscribe and OpenVPN

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings