cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Not enough Ethernet Ports on Smart Hub 2

I have just signed up for Full Fibre Broadband with Hybrid Connect. Reading on the setting up of this in advance of the instal, I note they both use an ethernet port on the hub. However, all my ports are currently in use. I have tried using ethernet splitters in the past but found devices interfered with each other. Anyone got any suggestions how I can connect the new service?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Not enough Ethernet Ports on Smart Hub 2

just add an ethernet switch with as many ports as you think you will need

TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

using google you will find them amazon/argos/currys/ etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, arriving tomorrow from Amazon so I can have a play before the Full Fibre install.  I note the splitter, full fibre modem and hybrid connect all require mains sockets. Now there is another challenge for me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Sorry, follow on question as my kit was just delivered. Is the Red Ethernet Cable supplied any different to an ordinary Ethernet cable? The instructions say to plug the red one between the Full Fibre Modem and the Smart Hub but it is too short. I have longer cables but I am unsure if they are the same. (I have no Red socket on the back of my hub anyway just four yellow ones.) If I need to move the Smart Hub nearer the Modem then so be it, I am having to reorganise the study to get power to these things anyway but wanted to check.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If your own Ethernet cables are Cat5e /Cat6/Cat6a or even Cat8 there should be no problem using them

Message 6 of 6

the colour of the cable is immaterial just needs to be cat 5e or better  just connect to port 4 on SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings