cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Not receiving text messages through WiFi calling

Hi, I live in an area with no mobile phone signal. My mobile network (Virgin) has recently introduced Wifi Calling as an option. I have activated it and can receive and make calls. I can also send texts. However, I am still unable to receive texts when connected via WiFi calling. Text messages sent to me when connected in this way appear as successful to the sender, but they do not come through to me at all - not even later when I am connected to a normal mobile signal.

I am using an Apple iPhone 7. Others are having the same issue in the household on other Apple phones.

Do I need to change any settings on my BT Hub (BT Smart Hub 2) to enable this function? I have not been able to find any information on this.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not receiving text messages through WiFi calling

@custardwrote:

Hi, I live in an area with no mobile phone signal. My mobile network (Virgin) has recently introduced Wifi Calling as an option. I have activated it and can receive and make calls. I can also send texts. However, I am still unable to receive texts when connected via WiFi calling. Text messages sent to me when connected in this way appear as successful to the sender, but they do not come through to me at all - not even later when I am connected to a normal mobile signal.

I am using an Apple iPhone 7. Others are having the same issue in the household on other Apple phones.

Do I need to change any settings on my BT Hub (BT Smart Hub 2) to enable this function? I have not been able to find any information on this.

@custard 

Based on the part of your post I have made bold, I would suggest you have an issue with Virgin Media not with WiFi, otherwise you would get the message once you have gone onto the mobile network.  Looking at Virgin Media's support page, did you update the carrier settings, or did the handset do an update?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not receiving text messages through WiFi calling

Hi. Yes my phone did the carrier update automatically.

0 Ratings