cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Odd Home Hub 5 wifi issues

I have a new Hub 5b. My internet connection is rock solid at 58Mb. If I plug in an Ethernet cable I always get that speed.

However the wifi is a complete mess. I have separated out the 2.4 and 5Ghz channels to different SSIDs but the problem I'm experiencing affects both bands.

Basically if I restart the Hub or change the wifi channel the speed over wifi shoots up to 57Mb. After about 3 hours it drops down to 1Mb on all devices where it wi remain until I either restart the Hub again or log in and change to a different wifi channel. Any ideas?!
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Odd Home Hub 5 wifi issues

No one?
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Odd Home Hub 5 wifi issues

Try changing your wireless channels and see if that makes a difference. For 2.4 ghz I do recommend channel 13 but if that was already the chosen channel change it. Also turn off smart wireless.

Changing wireless channels: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

Hope this helps:)

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings