cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Odd connection issue from Android to Plex server

Hi all, I have a Plex server (rented, not local) which all my other devices connect to happily. I recently purchased a Samsung Tab s2 and installed Plex. It sees the server but thinks its offline. If I turn off Wifi on the Tab, and use 3G it connects fine. So, I'm guessing its a Tab->Hub5 issue. I've tried reseting connections etc but it just won't connect. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Odd connection issue from Android to Plex server

0 Ratings
rendez2k
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks but its already off.

Just tired another Android device and that won't conenct either!

0 Ratings
samr500
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I have also in the last week began to have issues with bt homehub 5 type b and plex. However my plex server is hosted on my Mac, none of my client devices - Apple TV 4, iPad Air, or iPhone are able to stream anything from the Mac. In fact attempting to stream anything is crashing the app. Sometimes things play fine but 9/10 times things are failing.

Heres the weird thing but if I tether my phone to my iPad and attempt to stream from the server remotely everything is playing back fine. I also tried with a different router and everything's fine too. Everything was working fine about a week ago but it seems somethings changed (firmware update?) and now streaming isn't working. 

Have tried reinstalling the plex server and installing on my Windows partition same issues. Have tried restarting the router but no fix and I am hesitant to keep restarting otherwise Dlm will kill my internet speeds. 

In in any case I don't have the time to spend on this issue so have bought an asus ac router from Amazon and will pair it with a bt openreach modem. 

0 Ratings