Re: Ongoing Device Net Disconnects

Sorry Keith!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

@AF1 wrote:

Keith said "bearing in mind how many hh6 are in use they can't all be bad otherwise  it would be all over the press"

I think there's a lot of people who never complaint and don't go on forums etc.  My son is one of them - he's on his fourth HH6!!

Dunno how he managed it - they won't give me a 2nd one!

It ia also a fact that people who are happy with their HH6 will not post on a forum only people with problems come to a forum for assistance

This is true of any service - if it is working ok then hardly anyone will go to a forum and say how well the service has been

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

ELC rang,  At last they are sending a new Hub 6.  Hope its the better version!!!

0 Ratings
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

OK - according to BT Exec Complaints, there are 3 % of Smart Hubs which would not accept the firmware update which was designed to overcome the Disconnect issue.

It appears mine was one of these.

These updates were pushed out and installed automatically.

I don't know how many Smart Hubs were issued but I guess 3% represents 1,000s of affected customers.

My new Smart Hub is performing fine after - bizarrely - a needing a factory reset during setup.

Before installing it BT ELC assured me there are no further issues with HH6.

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

0 Ratings
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Just checked Firmware version - despite factory reset on 18-1-18 my ne HH6 is still on 316 

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

18-Jan-2018

Anyone know why?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

thereare posts where appeared to be firmware update but still on 316 which was subsequently updated to 522  there is nothing you can do but maintain connection 24/7 as firmware update is automatic - there is no manual update

from some of the posts people have had wifi problems with 522 update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AF1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

I see several posters on this thread "Why no Firmware update since 31/07/2017 on HH6A" seem to be stuck on 316 like me.

Some people got it on 15/1/18 so 7 days have elapsed.

How long does it take to roll these updates out?

0 Ratings