Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Open reach & HH5 help.

Hello everyone.
I wonder if you can help.....basically ever since I have upgraded to the HH5 I have had nothing but disconnection problems so after a lot of messing around I decided to look into these forums and purchase an unlocked Huawei hg612 open reach modem. now the connection is stable but all I did was connect it all together and got going. Did I need to configure anything else to make it work properly because our speeds are still way below what they should be. Used to get a least load speeds of 25 and upload speeds of 8 and I'm on the BT infinity 2 ....
It's sooooo annoying!
Thank you in advance!
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 29

Re: Open reach & HH5 help.

Look here and post your results. Remeber to take your phone number out:
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 29

Also post the stats from the helpdesk as well

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange LOWESTOFT is served by Cabinet 70
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 40 31.5 8 5.8 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 35 19.3 8 4 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 10.5 -- 8.5 to 12.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 10.5 Up to 1 8.5 to 12.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.
0 Ratings
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

That seems to me that there is definitely something wrong, surely with the home hub?
Iv seen people on here saying once they got a non BT router, their line then became stable and they stopped getting errors, disconnections etc?
Thankyou
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 29

What speeds are you gettting now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Ok hello guys....when I first checked my speed tests today was getting download of between 25-35 and uploads of around 5 which was brilliant! It lasted all of about 2 hours and when my son went to play Xbox live he literally started and the Internet disconnected. The speed tests after were back down to the usual terrible speeds, I don't get it? I did phone them yesterday and they did say they would send someone to the cabinet to look into things but then if they did something then why did it only last for a short time.....soooo frustrating. Thank you for your help everyone!
0 Ratings
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +076272+NQ43101747
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. WAN: PPP Connected
6. Data sent/received: 10.0 MB / 107.3 MB
7. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
8. BT Wi-fi: Yes
9. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: Howdoyoudo2
10. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 150 Mb/s)) 20 MHz, WPS enabled
11. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
12. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 1
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTWifi-with-FON
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 150 Mb/s)) 20 MHz, WPS disabled
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: None
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 1
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
18. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Disabled
19. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: None
20. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 1
21. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTWifi-X
22. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 150 Mb/s)) 20 MHz, WPS disabled
23. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA and WPA2
24. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 1
25. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
26. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Disabled
27. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: None
28. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 1
29. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: Howdoyoudo5
30. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 80 MHz, WPS enabled
31. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
32. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
33. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTWifi-with-FON
34. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 80 MHz, WPS disabled
35. 5 GHz Wireless security: None
36. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
37. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
38. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Disabled
39. 5 GHz Wireless security: None
40. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
41. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTWifi-X
42. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 80 MHz, WPS disabled
43. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA and WPA2
44. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
45. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
46. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Disabled
47. 5 GHz Wireless security: None
48. 5 GHz Wireless channel: 48
49. Firewall: Default
50. MAC Address: c8:91:f9:45:ac:c2
51. Software variant: -
52. Boot loader: -
0 Ratings
Marycook1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

When it seems to be working at full I have had speeds of 35/6 but in general I seem to get speeds of 15/0.7 and I thought, when I woke up today and it was 35/6 again , that my problems had disappeared but it was very short lived :(.... Back down to 13/0.5 and some very unhappy children again!
0 Ratings