cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamus1
Expert
Message 21 of 35

Re: OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command

I too have been getting this my broadband never stays connected for more than two weeks and i get that open rg before it disconnects and my firmware is ending .17.

0 Ratings
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 22 of 35

I have had BT infinity for nearly a year now with the HH5 and have an Open RG reboot every 2 weeks without fail. I read this was normal and that it is the local Cab being updated or rebooted from the BT end but the more I read the more it seems this isn't normal. Can anyone help me? What do I need to do to stop this rebooting? Is there any point in getting in touch with BT? Has anyone had this issue resolved? Below is my firmware version from the system details section.

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 09/05/14
0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 23 of 35

My HH5 re-boots every two weeks (Open RG). I don't bother about it now as it always seems to be early in the morning so causes no problems. I run a speed test after every re-boot but it's always fine. Out of interest I would like to know why it does it though.

0 Ratings
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Mine is normally in the night but it has just done it now, which is why I searched for it, very annoying when downloading and watching a programme on sky that then gets interrupted because of it. Never had this issue with my HH3 with infinity at my old house, I had a solid connection for over 100 days once without reboot, and that was only because of a power cut!
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 25 of 35

People who don't use a Home Hubs don't get a reboot every two weeks and their connections seem to be fine. So it is a mystery as to why the Home Hubs are the only routers in the world that need to reboot every two weeks.

Oliver.
Dode
Expert
Message 26 of 35

"So it is a mystery as to why the Home Hubs are the only routers in the world that need to reboot every two weeks."

I'm pretty sure it's not a mystery to BT. It happens too regularly.

Arronleeds
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 35

It's the homehub 5 itself I've had 3 in a row that all did the same thing, all I did to stop it was place the homehub 5 with a modem and that was it, sorted no more reboots, I then replaced the homehub all together as it gives poor wireless.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mjstokes85
Contributor
Message 28 of 35

Just to add I have been running the White modem as well as the HH5 for exactly 2 weeks at 9:30 am this morning... Open RG went down for reboot by IPC command, so can confirm the white modem "fix" makes no difference.
0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 29 of 35

As far as I can work out, the "white modem fix" actually only resolves connection drops that users were suffering from with HH5. The OpenRG reboot issue which affects at least HH4 and HH5 is definitely NOT resolved by anything that anybody has come up with so far.
avast
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 35

Same here had the Hub 4 on broadband since May 2015 was working okay until July then started reboots, have reported the problem to Tech support who book a call for an engineer to call. Engineer has been and found no fault on the line or any of the external wiring, have been passed back to tech support again who are sending another Hub 4. I have reservations on this as after doing google searches of the problem that the fault is with the Hubs software, never had any problem with my other router being a Netgear and with my previous ISP provider. I am now tempted to ditch the HH 4 and use my netgear equipment instead and then configure the HH4 as a wireless access point instead by disable the DHCP server.

0 Ratings