cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 1 of 35

OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command

I am sick to death of my HH getting rebooted by the above command and interrupting my service, a service that I am paying highly for.

I have had a fault ticket open for many months now with no ownership of the root cause and I'm so sick of this that I am going to ensure this is publicised in major national press to see what response we get.

The OpenRG issue has been plastered all over various forums for many months now and all experts agree that this is either a command initiated by the HH firmware or a command pushed from the exchange, neither of which are controlled by the customer who is paying for the service.

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: OpenRG is going for reboot by IPC command

are you on adsl or fibre

please delete your vol number for your securiry as this is a public forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 3 of 35

ADSL, not that it makes any difference? Why would you ask this as I've posted in the ADSL/Copper forum??

VOL deleted

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 35

many people post on the wrong board - so just making sure.  there are other posts on this subject and virtually all on infinity board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 5 of 35

I'm a country bumpkin not privileged enough to get FTTC/FTTP yet !!
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

are the reboots happening every 2 weeks as it was being reported by others  on the thread on infinity board which you posted on previously?

even country bumpkins get FTTC - just takes longer

0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Not every 2 weeks, they're more randomised, on a HH4. Most of the 2 weekly ones seem to be HH5 from what I've read.

But someone from BT needs to take ownership of this service affecting issue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

from the mod post on the infinity board he said that the open rg does not cause the drop in connection but is reporting after the event  haven't seen anything since

0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 9 of 35

OpenRG issues the command that causes the router to reboot. That is clear from the event logs on the routers. Any drop in connection is purely a consequence of the reboot.

Conversely, a drop in DSL connection does NOT cause an OpenRG reboot command to be issued but (obviously) the PPP connection is lost.

Like I say, it's about time that someone from BT took ownership of the OpenRG reboot issue that many, many people are suffering from.

0 Ratings
wilthewiz
Contributor
Message 10 of 35

So I'm looking for a mod to join the conversation so we can begin to engage BT to resolve this issue?
0 Ratings