cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kadajski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Openreach telephone pole possible issues?

Hello,

I have been having issues with speed going down, and connections dropping more frequently. I noticed that the telephone pole across the street that my line connets to is damaged and is missing a panel so the wires are exposed. I called openreach and reported the fault, they gave me a reference number to track it but I have no clue where to use this reference number. Does anyone know where I can go?

It seems like someone may have come to do something to the pole as theres some tape around it... instead of putting the cover back. Really shoddy "fix" if this was from an actual openreach employee. So I want to track the fault but I have no clue where to put the reference number as BT fault tracker doesnt accept it, and openreach site asks me to login but there is no sign up for general users it seems.

Also, curious to know, but if I have a stable connection the majority of the time, is it possible that the issue with the wires being exposed to wind/rain will cause speed fluctuations?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach telephone pole possible issues?

more like to cause connection problems or noise on the line or both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Speed fluctuations are more likely to be caused by wifi issues. The problem you've noticed with the Openreach DP would cause DLM to drop the speed until the fault was fixed. The fault being corrosion on the terminations due to the missing cover.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Kadajski,

I can help with this. Can you please drop me an email with the fault details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Kadajski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I sent an email to the contact link on Monday 11th of May, and have still recieved no reply. The email I got sent said I would get a response in 24-48 hours. Is there somewhere I am missing to check for this response?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It can take 5-6 working days, as they are very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings