cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryancairns
Message 11 of 15

Re: Outlook / Office 365 connection problem

Go to solution

Absolutely... no problem - if there are any updates I'll post on here and the other post. Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@ryancairns wrote:

Yep you got it - many thanks! Disabling IPv6 on my wireless adaptor did it.

That's as far as my networking knowledge goes - I have opened a support call with Microsoft... should I persue this? i.e. is this a BT or Microsoft issue?

Work around perfect for me - thanks!!!

Just to tidy things up:

There are two of us in this discussion, plus yourself.

Again, out of curiosity (a significant hidden meaning there: Smiley Indifferent)

Does your Outlook 365 mail search function still work, and your calendar search function still work?

With Microsoft Help, the ipv6 problem may well be ignored; however your search function is just as important.

If you have a calendar with 17 years of entries, for example, it's a bit of a blow if you can't search for entries, e.g. meetings etc. The Office update has wiped out my calendar on a separate desktop pc. Fortunately there's an external backup.

0 Ratings
ryancairns
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Yep - search working well (fast) for mailbox, mailbox archive and Calendar. We have only been with Office 365 for the last 3 years.

Microsoft have come back to me without any questions and suggested the same fix as you both - disabling IPv6. I have gone back to them asking is this a temporary workaround or a solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@ryancairns wrote:

Yep - search working well (fast) for mailbox, mailbox archive and Calendar. We have only been with Office 365 for the last 3 years.

Microsoft have come back to me without any questions and suggested the same fix as you both - disabling IPv6. I have gone back to them asking is this a temporary workaround or a solution.

I would be interested to hear from yourself and/or other users on progress with this topic.

Re- IPv6:- IPv6 is enabled on my own HH6 , (it was lost temporarily for 3 days only)  and does not create any visible problems.

Re- Search and indexing:-The Calendar and Mail Search feature has returned, on both desktop and laptop pc's.

In the case of the desktop, no changes were made to search settings.

For the laptop, search settings are now reset to normal, i.e. a simple search through the .pst file. Search is very fast, and goes back to calendar entries from year 2000 in an instant.

There have been multiple updates to Office 365 since late March, including 3 in the past 7 days and it's difficult to find descriptive details of changes.

0 Ratings
123chunk
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I'm having this same problem. When I tether off my mobile phone, I can connect to Microsoft Exchange fine and my emails sync in Outlook. When I connect to my BT Home Hub I have perfect web access by I cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange.

I've disabled IPv6 on the wireless controller and it makes no difference.

Any update on this? It's driving me nuts.

0 Ratings