cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljp1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

POOR WIFI SPEED

Can anyone advise me on what i should do. The bt speed in our area seems to have now dropped to around 1.1MB even though we are all paying for up to 17. It is ridiculously bad and i'm struggling to run my business. Speed drops even lower as the teenager next door comes home from school. Does anyone have any ideas for complaining to BT without being patronised and told i must have it set up wrongly or too many devices connected

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: POOR WIFI SPEED

From your post you appear to be a business user and need to post here https://business.forums.bt.com/ as this forum is for residential customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@ljp1 If you're not a business customer and have a residential line and broadband with BT post back with your router stats and we'll be happy to take a look. 

0 Ratings
ljp1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Thanks

since looking up the stats I discovered our neighbours phone was using our wifi too so have now deleted him increasing speed to 5.

stats are

(79,490000) DSL noise margin 26.00 dab upstream 6.10dB downstream

(79,230000) DSL rate 448 Kbps upstream 7904 Kbps downstream

any help most appreciated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

You  never said if you are a business customer

if you are actually a residential customer then enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

can you post router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ljp1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 3.5 to 7.5 Available -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- --
Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U
VRI --
NTEFaceplate --
Last Test Date --

Is is this what you meant me to post?

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

are you a BT business customer???

0 Ratings
ljp1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

No residential
0 Ratings
ljp1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

No residential not business
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

the checker shows your estimated speed is 3.5/7.5mb even though it may show up to 17mb your line is to long from the exchange to reach that speed

post the stats from your router

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

you do realise you should not be running a business on a residential line as per T&C

0 Ratings