Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Packet Loss Constantly...

Go to solution

My package is the Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus and I constantly get packetloss. I am connected through ethernet to my BT Disc which is connected to my BT Smart Hub 2 and it's not that far away since I tested the location in the My BT App and it says it was a good location. I get packetloss every 1-2 minutes on the games I play such as, CS:GO and Fortnite. I have the ping graph enabled on Fortnite. Paketloss on the upload and then when that happens my Ping increases and then drops back down. I run a constantly 10-30 ping and it goes up to 70 when I loose packets. There is a problem in my area at the moment which they are currently working on but it says in the My BT app that the problem was only there since 2 weeks ago and I have had constant packetloss for about 4-5 weeks now. It is honestly really annoying. I have 10 ping and 150+ Mbps and 50 upload speed. I have tried so many things to try and sort it and nothing has worked, I have looked on every post on here and nothing has helped. It is really annoying since Season 10 of Fortnite is on August 1st and I don't want to constantly lag every minute on it. Even though I can not see if my packets on CS:GO drop but I can tell. When it happens on CS I lag for about 7 seconds teleporting everywhere and my ping goes up to 100+. I really need help with this I have tried Speedify and that doesn't work I have tried ExitLag and it doesn't work. I have tried so many things and nothing works. I know a bunch of people have this problem with BT packetloss and it gets really annoying after a week or two.

30 REPLIES 30
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 31

Last question?.,..

Go to solution

I have posted a question yesterday and I have had 50 views on it and no one has responded. If you was all in my spot with 2 percent packetloss all the time you would really want a respond so someone help please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 31

Re: Last question?.,..

Go to solution

No one has responded because nobody has a solution for you. There are many such posts as yours with no solution.

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Fair enough. 

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

How is the Disc connected to the Smart HUB via Ethernet cable or WiFi?

If it's via WiFi have you tried connection your PC or Console directly to the HUB?

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

My disc is connected through wifi to my smart hub and my dads laptop is right next to the wifi so he is connected through ethernet and gets 0 packetloss and max speed of our package which is 300 mbps and 10 ping. He gets no packetloss ive tested it and i do. My only thought was it is the disc connection to the hub and that was causing the packetloss. I've factory reset the disc and did the whole procedure of setting it up again and it helped it a little bit but still get packetloss on my games... i cant connect my pc directly to the hub since there is no more room so im up in my bedroom and my disc is on my desk and i use ethernet cable to connect to the disc and the disc connects to the hub through wifi as ive already said and i think somewhere between that connection between the 2 is what is causing the packetloss.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

From what's you have posted it just confirms that Ethernet is best connection if you are a gamer

if all hub ports are used then you can buy a switch very cheaply and increase Ethernet ports but does mean running Ethernet cable to your room

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Sorry I didn't put enough detail in my explanation. I mean I don't have enough room to put my PC near my Hub. The only spare room is my gym but gym equipment is going in there soon since I have just moved into this house. I will try and run a ethernet cable from my room all the way down stairs but I will have to wait for it to come. If this works I will mark it as a accepted solution. Thank you means a lot.

0 Ratings
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Re: Packet Loss Constantly...

Go to solution

Hi,

With what you've described, it looks like an issue when you're trying to play games via Wi-Fi

Call up the BT helpdesk and ask for broadband extenders. That should do the work of Ethernet cables to some extent. Moreover, you might not have to pay for it. Worth giving a try. 
Also, when you say you play CS GO, which server do you usually connect to?

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

Re: Packet Loss Constantly...

Go to solution

I already have extenders and they don't work. They make it worst. My family did build this house and my dad put in ehternet cables around the house so theres a ethernet cable port in every room and when  u plug it in theres ethernet cables all in the walls and leads straight down to the hub and connects in to it but the electrician hasnt set them up yet. I tried extenders and I run about 7 mbps with them and they constantly disconnect and make packetloss worst. With my disc it makes it a little better but i have like 150+ mbps with it. In CS:GO im connected to EU london servers since im obviously in UK. In fortnite I connect to EU and theres one in London Germany France and Ireland and since im closest to London than all of them I connect to the london ones. With the ethernet cables in the walls I think this might sort it since I will be directly going into the Hub from my bedroom but the electrician is busy at the moment doing maintenance around schools since its currently the summer holidays. 

0 Ratings