Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 11 of 31

Re: Packet Loss Constantly...

Go to solution

Using Ethernet is unlikely to help I'm afraid to say.    This ping and packet loss issue is apparent on WiFi and Ethernet for many other BT users.   You could easy prove or disprove this by using a 1 mn Ethernet cable and laptop connected straight to your modem/router.

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

What do you mean a 1 "mn" and laptop. I don't understand. Could you add a little more detail please.

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

I think he just means 1 meter Ethernet cable and a laptop to conduct the ping on

0 Ratings
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Yeah, instead of waiting on electrician to then find out using Ethernet does not resolve ping spikes and related issues just try a test with suitable device and short Ethernet cable,  

Sorry for the typo - I meant "1m"

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

How do I do this?

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

If a laptop directly plugged into the Hub gets no packetloss shouldn't I get no packetloss if I just run a ethernet cable down from my room to the hub and get max peformance of my wifi 300 mbps instead of 150 and get no packetloss at all.

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

packetloss.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Personally I would sue a Ping Plotter screenshot to show as much information as possible. Run a ipv4:www.google.co.uk ping via ping plotter when connected via the WiFi Disc, and one when connected directly to the HUB via Ethernet. 

PingPlotter will show you the ping at each hop of a trace route (which also gives us more information as to which servers your routed through in BT's network) we can try and use it to determine if it's an issue when connecting via WiFi or if the Issue persists when Hard Wired.

0 Ratings
RHJVD22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

Did it through pingplotter google.com and this is the results just count top is number 1 etc.packetloss 1.PNG

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

You need to screenshot the whole thing for us to see the hops, dont worry no personal IP's or anything will be shown.

0 Ratings