Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazzguy
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 67

Re: Pages of TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed

I've also got pages of:

ppp1:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS

I'd be interested to know what BT is trying to do with the Hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 67

@jazzguy wrote:

I've also got pages of:

ppp1:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS

I'd be interested to know what BT is trying to do with the Hub.

It's a new previously unreported problem..... Wait. 

Is it disrupting your service?

0 Ratings
jazzguy
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 67

Thankfullly, there's no disruption to my service. BTW, using Home Hub6 here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 67

@dfects wrote:

Do you mean like the HG612 3B?

Indeed.

0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 15 of 67

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

This seems to be a new, or unreported problem. Perhaps more cases will be posted.

My HH6, same firmware, has similiarly started to make failed TR69 connection requests at 4 minute intervals, over the past two days.

I also have the same problem, hundreds of "TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed entries" in the log.

For example:

tr69.JPG

I believe they started over the weekend after the latest firmware failed to install. My first HH6 was fatally wounded by a faulty firmware update so I hope this isn't the start of more trouble. 

0 Ratings
dfects
Contributor
Message 16 of 67

Hmm wondering when all your logs started outputting this, I can pin mine to exactly:

13:54:43	 26 Nov.	ppp1:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS						

Wondering if they screwed something up around that time? Nothing else in my logs for that day other than a login to the web interface.

Is it likely a HG612 will have some form of improvement for my line, or just help me see whats actually going on with my line in terms of errors etc. if I unlock 🙂

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 67

@PinkSquirrel wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

This seems to be a new, or unreported problem. Perhaps more cases will be posted.

My HH6, same firmware, has similiarly started to make failed TR69 connection requests at 4 minute intervals, over the past two days.

I also have the same problem, hundreds of "TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed entries" in the log.

For example:

tr69.JPG

I believe they started over the weekend after the latest firmware failed to install. My first HH6 was fatally wounded by a faulty firmware update so I hope this isn't the start of more trouble. 

I did not have the firmware update but mine also started over the weekend other than the daily TR69 event I get the failures every 4 minutes or so. Strange because I'm not suffering from any performance issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 67

@dfects wrote:

Hmm wondering when all your logs started outputting this, I can pin mine to exactly:

Wondering if they screwed something up around that time? Nothing else in my logs for that day other than a login to the web interface.

Is it likely a HG612 will have some form of improvement for my line, or just help me see whats actually going on with my line in terms of errors etc. if I unlock 🙂

It means you will remove the biggest source of problems, the HH6. If you unlock it (trivial) it will also let you see the line stats. You will also have a proper modem rather than a router with bits of functionality turned off that is still acting as a router and providing the PPP session.

ljm
Expert
Message 19 of 67

I also had pages of TR69etc. BEFORE the latest update which i've posted on 26 Nov. "Firmware".  Since my Hub 6 received the said Update the TR69 etc. pages have disappeared and all the logs are vback to the normal gobbledegook.  So i think the TR69 etc. is telling you that BT are trying to push the Updates but for whatever reason have been unsuccessful.  However, attempts to do so will continue hence the repetitiveness of the logs.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 67

@licquorice wrote:

@dfects wrote:

It means you will remove the biggest source of problems, the HH6. If you unlock it (trivial) it will also let you see the line stats. You will also have a proper modem rather than a router with bits of functionality turned off that is still acting as a router and providing the PPP session.

Note though that you can't "front end" a Home Hub 6 with an HG612 modem, or any other for that matter, as the FTTC variant of this beast has no WAN port, only four LAN ports. You'd need to get hold of a Home Hub 5 or a third party router that has the WAN port.

EDIT: In fairness I found the HH6 to be a reasonable modem. When using it I saw the maximum data rate at ~55Mbps, whereas with the HG612 I've seen at best 51Mbps which has decreased over time to ~47Mbps.

That said, I'd rather have my third party router and HG612 and suffer none of the grief everyone here is suffering.

0 Ratings