cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathsmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Password not recognised Tablet can't connect

I've had my Hub 5 a few years . No problems connecting my Android tablet..now suddenly I can't connect. Says wrong password or Can't authenticate
I've tried with my old tablet..same problem. But pc was ok. I tried pressing the WPS button last night and managed to connect the Android. It took a long time to connect this morning and went off. ..
Anyone know what's caused the problem. ?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Password not recognised Tablet can't connect

Try a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
kathsmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Sounds a bit drastic. I've a TPlink power line Would that be effected?
I've now managed to connect my tablet ..been connected for a few hours.
Not sure if this means all is ok.
Could this have been caused by BT updating something?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Could be anything.

Up to you if you try a factory reset, it usually fixes most problems. All it does is put everything back to how it was the day you received it. Unless you have made any changes to the settings or passwords, you won't need to do anything other than switch smart setup off again. See here how to do that.

0 Ratings
kathsmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that info.. going away for a couple of days.. will be interesting to see if the tablet performs perfectly when away..and then in return.
Fingers crossed it'll be ok .
Could all this have happened if someone had accidentally pressed the WPS button or the restart button..?
0 Ratings