Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Pathetic Wifi speed, Ethernet is fine on Infinity 2

Title pretty much.

Had this package for years now and wifi was always 60+mb but in the past 3 weeks it's been under 10mb or even worse.

Posted about this issue about 2 weeks ago but it fixed itself, but now it ha returned.

Same speeds on my phone, tablet, 2 laptops and xbox over wifi, but when wifi is on the speeds dramatically drop. On BT HUB 5 . I have reset the router, refreshed wireless channels and anything else online but dont know what to do.

28 REPLIES 28
PembsUsers
Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Pathetic Wifi speed, Ethernet is fine on Infinity 2

I don't know where the thread I was in before is but I had the same problems until one of the excellent people in this forum (who isn't paid - which is a travesty) helped me out 

I only have one thread on the go as far as I know apart from my comment to you on this one.  

It might be worth looking at my old thread and the advice I was given.  It cost us about £35 to sort out all the troubles we had had - and we still get degradation when our modem is commandeered by others which we don't do anything about because we feel in Wales at least - we have all paid well over the odds just to have this fibre optic thingy 

However - whilst that little moan is out of the way - I am speaking from a home two doors away from our router with truly thick stone walls (3 ft thick in fact in most places)  we are (I am) still really cooking on gas.

The door is shut as its chilly today - I am in the middle of cooking Sunday dinner and listening to Dire Straights in a concert while I am doing so.    The image is my speed test result from BT - it's worth that £35 if you ask me - although in honesty I think being able to put the booster thing on the pack price would be a better idea 

All praise to the man (who I can't remember the name of) and the others who helped me have a warm winter and superb throughput.

speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
PembsUsers
Contributor
Message 3 of 29

p.s. ours was much worse than yours was 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

@DF2003

can you post stats from your hh5  troubleshooting then helpdesk

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired conenction and preferably with IE/Edge

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
PembsUsers
Contributor
Message 5 of 29

pps -  I am on wifi not ethernet - just to be clear about this - I can't even run an ethernet test as my friend is still drunk from last night and isn't answering the door 🙂  (birthday - 60th) 

wifi.jpg

0 Ratings
PembsUsers
Contributor
Message 6 of 29

hey!  and John - fantastic - still happy like baby sheep born in late May 

can't think how we could get better 

thank you 

0 Ratings
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

strange, after posting this my wifi has shot back up to 70mb, just like last time...   Now it's suddenly good across all devices

DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

for some reason it is telling me my Telephone number is not recognized despite it being a BT Landline i have had for yearsCapture.PNG

Clicking the link just gives me a error.  i.PNG

0 Ratings
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

back down to 10mb, so inconsitent
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

Then post the information I asked you for earlier

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.