Did you mean: 
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 29

Re: Pathetic Wifi speed, Ethernet is fine on Infinity 2

@DF2003 @imjolly

I find that interesting: 

MK_Cabinets.JPG

According to this there are 2 seperate P 11 cabs, so I assume a mix of FTTP / FTTC. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

@CJT80

there are 3 not 2 listed for cab e11. p11 and 11T

the main question is why does dslchecker not recognise phone number but dialing 17070 repeats correct number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 29

I did wonder. Could the landline be Fibre Voice and not recognised by the DSL checker?
Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Pretty sure it's just a standard line, not fibre voice, would there be any way I could send someone my bt landline number and someone could check it?
0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 29

@DF2003

A moderator would be the best person to be able to do that, as they have access to the relevent systems. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

What I assumed, a bt employee who could check that
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 27 of 29

Hey @DF2003,

We can check it for you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

When you complete the form, let us know exactly what you need us to do for you and one of the team will be in touch Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 28 of 29

Hi @DF2003,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've checked your account and your telephone service is provided over the Future Voice network. This would explain why the speed test isn't recognising your number.

With your line being FTTP, I'm limited in what I can test. I did run a quick check on your line and it is picking up a MSF (major service fault) on the network.

You best bet would be to contact the FTTP on 08005874787 and the'll be able to run further checks on your service.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
DF2003
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 29

Had a call with the FTTP team and my connection right now is a solid 75mb.

They reccomend me calling them when the line gets slow again as today it seems to be good, so just the waiting game now.

0 Ratings