cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reenied
Message 1 of 3

Phone rings broadband goes off

When my phone rings my broadband goes off - light flashes amber.  I've disconnected the phone from the socket and the broadband is fine.  When I ring the home number the broadband goes off again.  No faults reported on the line I've checked all my connections.  My phone crackles a little when I go to dial a number but then the broadband goes down again. Any ideas?  If my phone is faulty could that affect my broadband??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
ljm
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone rings broadband goes off

Hello renied,

In answer to your question - yes, problems with your phone can affect your broadband.

If i were you, i'd ring BT to report a problem with your phone i.e. crackly but don't mention anything to them about your broadband.  When your problem is fixed your broadband should improve.  Ring 151 from a landline or 0330 124 151 from your mobile.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone rings broadband goes off

I would try replacing your filter as it may be faulty - they do not last forever

have you tried using the test socket and see if that helps with crackle and also drops in connection.  better trying the test before you get engineer and he finds problem with filter or your internal wiring and you get a bill for £129

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings