Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 33

Re: Ping Spikes/Lag When Gaming + Netflix is on BT TV Box

Hi @PaddyB and others,

Since last posting an engineer has come round and found there is no noise on the line, he changed our socket and replaced something at the front of our house. We have also been sent a brand new Smart Hub 2, and I am now running through BT mini-connectors to a brand new PC in my room.

We are STILL experiencing terrible problems with high latency. My computer tonight is getting very stable latency but of ~ 100ms while gaming which is completely unusable.

Please see the picture below, which is while the network is idle (nobody is gaming or streaming). This pattern has been consistent for the last several hours.

Everyone we've interacted with at BT has been really helpful but unfortunately if we can't get the problem solved we are now ready to leave BT as we are paying for a service that isn't working.

Can you suggest anything else before we pursue this?

PING 22-03-20.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 33

Hi Sulzmann, sorry the engineer visit did not resolve the issue. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to check if we can get this fixed for you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 33 of 33

I’m having the same ping spikes when someone is streaming whilst I’m gaming. Please could I get the magic fix! 

0 Ratings