cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElijahAspinall
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Ping Spikes - While Gaming.

Hello, we have been with BT for a few years now. All was well until December time of last year, I started to notice while playing games my ping would spike to 150+. This made playing games such as Call of Duty and other triple A titles almost unplayable, the ping spikes forced me to stop playing as it is very frustrating when previously having internet with no problems prior.

I find that the ping spikes occur almost immediately after 6PM, almost as if BT is throttling my internet. I'm sure that isn't the case but frustrating none the less. If anyone has any ideas of what the cause may be please help! 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ping Spikes - While Gaming.

You are not the only one and BT doesn't seem to care. 

0 Ratings
ElijahAspinall
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

So is there no fix for this issue what so ever?
0 Ratings
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

So far there isn't other than switch to another ISP. You will be told to either tell everybody in your household to stop using the internet whilst you game which silly in 2019 or you will be ignored and your post will get ignored with no response from BT. 

I've been having this issue for the past month now and I still can't play. Do you get ping spikes when someone is using YouTube/any streaming website or your ping spikes randomly during the day?

0 Ratings