cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Ping Spikes when multiple users streaming - pls halp

Hi guys,

Having abit of a struggle here at the moment. So I switched from Sky over to BT, however I've been having nothing but issues since switching. On Sky Fibre me and my room mate could both be playing games and streaming Twitch or Youtube on our second monitors and we would barely see a slowdown from our internet at all.

However since switching to BT Superfast Fibre 2 its been a differen't story. I had an engineer come out twice to test the line and the master socket. After the second call out the engineer recommended a replacement hub which I have received although hasn't fully fixed the issue. Before I couldn't even play a game without lagging out, which now I can but as soon as my room mate comes online we are back to the old issue. So it doesn't seem as though its specifically a router issue?

Here's a ping to google running while I'm having the issue (which is all the time):

2494ae7aa76c781fb7c88f4eb82e51e9

ping 8.8.8.8 -t

I see TONS of threads about people with these issues, although no real fixes? Other than a few people saying that a setting on BT's end called "Super Stable" helped them?

Here's my Hub settings etc.

Spoiler
Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ91283193

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

17-Aug-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 5 Minutes 59 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 80.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

29073 / 102223

Noise margin:

15.2 dB / 11.2 dB

Line attenuation:

14.3 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

106 MB Uploaded / 2785 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

The Boondocks

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 6)

5 GHz wireless network name:

The Boondocks

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

98:1E:19:E4:53:25

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

Just to add we are both on a wired connection with no cable issues, and we seem to be getting almost all of our speed @between 65-75mbps

Is anyone able to give me a hand with this as the BT support and Engineers don't seem to be too sure how to fix...

Cheers,

Chriseh

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ping Spikes when multiple users streaming - pls halp

There is no known fix with BT - you will need to move back to Sky or a different ISP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Yeah, no fix at the moment although BT are aware of the issue.

You either have to wait for BT to find the issue and the solution or make use of the 14 day cooling off period and switch back to Sky as suggested.

Normal support aren't trained in complex fault issues so yeah they're no help and openreach Engineers don't have access to BT equipment in the exchange is what im told (by an OR engineer) so they can't fiddle there when it comes to ports etc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Yeah thats abit of a shame but if thats the way it needs to be then so be it I guess. I wasn't hopefull after seeing all these posts of people not really getting resolved but its always worth a try I guess.

0 Ratings