cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Ping issues when gaming and streaming after house move

After a recent house move I have noticed that I am getting massive ping spikes when gaming and streaming, base ping is normally 24. When someone is streaming something mainly Netflix, prime Now tv etc it spikes up to 200 which as any gamer will tell you is impossible to play at.

Did not have this issue at my previous address only after moving, been in the house 1 month,

I have moved my router closer to the pc, split the channels (pc 5ghz everything else 2.4ghz) reset the router, changed there channels etc. 

Sure I am not the only one having this issue

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
JustSwitch
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ping issues when gaming and streaming after house move

As evidenced by the pages and pages of other people  having this same issue and getting no response or solutions, BT does  not care. 

The only work around I've seen since I started reading this forum when I started lagging too (Jan 19) is switching to another ISP. It's beyond a joke that it's still a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Darren84 and @JustSwitch,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with ping spikes. Can you just confirm how you're connecting? Is it wireless or wired? Are you using extenders etc?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Psipunisher
Message 4 of 4

You are not the only one... But BT always will script answer you "are you using WiFi?" and bla bla they treat us like we are in special needs....
0 Ratings