cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Pixelating TV using TP Link

I currently use TP Link 600mbps to connect my boxes to the internet as my hub/router is upstairs on the landing (brilliant place to have my master socket installed by BT). When watching internet channels i get very bad pixelation. I have tried running a direct connection to my main box and it works fine as i can check the other TV at the same time and see that it is having problems while the direct connected one is ok on the same TV channel. The TP Link was supplied by BT a few years ago but i didn't have BT Sport or Sky or 4k until this year. I did have problems with Netflix hanging and dropping the internet connection and the odd but thought it was just my internet not being good enough as i live in a small village. I would still get the odd problem with Now loosing connection and hanging with the circular logo running on screen but if i exit the App and go back i again it works and i also get the BT error saying i am not connected to the internet which lasts for a few minutes .

Any suggestions before i contact the help desk.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Pixelating TV using TP Link

It is never recommended to use PLAs for BT TV channels. Those PLAs you have are pretty old now and we're probably intended for general internet use and not BT TV (which uses IGMP multicasting, which in itself can be very network heavy/inefficient).

Saying all of that I use PLAs but not even the BT supplied 1Gbps were stable enough so I now use TP-Link AV2000 PLAs and touch wood, they've been reliable, even for BT Sport UHD/4k

0 Ratings