cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dumbnfrustrated
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Please help - do I need to change my hub?

Go to solution

Hey guys,

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place. If so, please tell me where I need to be. And how I càn actually get hold of a real human being through ANY BT....thing, just so I can go and do something unmentionable to them.

So. I renewed my contract with BT, same unlimited bb, cheapest, blah blah blah. I currently have a hub4, it's working fine and I don't care about speed right now, just reliability. I'm the only user and I am utterly reliant on this cos sick I need it to keep working even if I have to pedal.

I've been sent a SmartHub 2 thing and I don't want to switch it out right now in case everything goes clogs up like it always does. I know this sounds really dumb, but do I have to switch them? Will the old one just not work or blow up or turn into a pink elephant at midnight on the day of the switch or...or...or?

Either way, something's getting hit with a big hammer.

I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Please help - do I need to change my hub?

Go to solution

If you have standard ADSL broadband then you can keep using your HH4, the new hub was just to get you updated as wi-fi has improved over the years, if you're happy with things now, leave it as it is.

Should you ever upgrade to fibre, you would need to switch hubs as the HH4 is not VDSL compatible.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Are you on fibre and just moved to better package?  If so and have hh4 then you must also have a separate modem.  Then if working ok then just leave it

if upgrading to fibre then hh4 will not work and you need to use new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Dumbnfrustrated
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You are now my friend for life.

I have one of the last shopping slots in Ocado in a few days (had nothing in for a month, no car, useless etcetc) and it would be just my luck to have my internets go out. So you may have saved me from death by starvation (or sheer, impotent rage) and are officially A Hero.

Seriously, thank you. Changing to the 4 was a bit of a mare so I really don't want to risk it. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

0 Ratings
Dumbnfrustrated
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You too - see above, friend for life, non-negotiable. It's in the small print.

Thank you so much. You're the best.

0 Ratings