cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: Plex server

Yes, duiadns.net will update when your public IP address changes.

0 Ratings
FlappingFalcon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Well its back to not working, lol. I don't know what keeps dropping it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Liam_
Expert
Message 13 of 21

I found port forwarding on the Hub 3 to be very temperamental.  I tried it for a few days and gave up with it, it worked sort of, sometimes taking a few attempts setting ports etc.  Soon it stopped forwarding but the settings were still there.  Factory reset and try again and it still kept 'forgetting' to forward connections after a short time.  Replaced it with my Billion and everything worked fine.  Invest in a good third party modem/router.

mrstage
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

Here is the solution that's worked for me. I too had this issue from my last router to this new one.

From the Plex server settings, turn OFF Remote access.

Reset your BT Hub.

Turn OFF the BT Hub firewall.

Turn ON Plex Remote access.

Check it's enabled and you can access it remotely.

Turn ON the BT Hub firewall and check again.

All works for me now.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
mrstage
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

My above solution DOES NOT WORK!

It worked for 3 days then it went back to being unable to be available remotely.

Really annoying. Oh well. Carry on research for the solution.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 16 of 21

Unfortunately port forwarding on a lot of hubs is temperamental.  The solution for stable forwarding of ports is to invest in a good third party router.  Two servers here on third party router work fine, never any connection issues.

0 Ratings
mrstage
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Hey Liam. thanks for this. Any recommendations on routers as I think after all the things I've tried this is going to be the only way?

Cheers again.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 18 of 21

Personally I use a DrayTek Vigor 130 modem with a FritzBox 3390 in router mode, (DSL disabled).  TP-Link do a VDSL router costing around £30.  The TD-W9970.

Others with more bells and whistles can cost substantially more.

You may want to take into consideration the information linked to here before deciding on what to purchase.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Problem-on-openreach-network-with-unapproved-vds...

0 Ratings
mrstage
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

Looking to replace the HH6 but keep the FTTP modem.

Cheers for the info.

Off researching and shopping I go.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 20 of 21

@mrstage

It didn't occur to me right away that you mentioned having an FTTP modem.  So that widens the choice of routers available as it's the VDSL modem component that seems to be problematic if not passed the MCT (Modem Conformance Test - Sin498) and not applicable in your case.

0 Ratings